Sunday, July 20, 2014

Chevron Cafe Curtains...

We have lived in our current home for over a year and I have yet to hang kitchen curtains! I finally decided on colors and fabric, so I headed to Hobby Lobby and decided to commit to a fabric to purchase. I opted for a cream and aqua chevron canvas fabric.

The curtain has been sewn, but I picked up the wrong size curtain rod and have to get the right one soon. Before I can hang them, I need to remove the screen, unstick the paint from the "painted shut" windows, install new screens, paint the window trim and install the new rod. I guess I had better get busy!

I still have to sew the panel for the back kitchen door, but aside from applying some fresh paint to the door, and installing the rod hardware, it doesn't seem as involved as the other window will be. (I eventually need to replace the knob because the key likes to stick in the lock.)

Here's a peek at the finished curtain panel.


No comments:

Post a Comment